10.30.2010

Bananas


I have not danced since leaving Ballyvaughan. I have not used my camera to make art. I call myself an Image-Based Artist now, to avoid telling people I am a photographer that does not take photos. The experience at OSU is much different in both good and bad ways. I get to teach Intro to Photo, I am loving it, my students keep getting more creative. I am hoping to teach after I graduate, they try to offer all Grads at least one class to teach per Quarter. The Photo grads are pretty sweet. It's hard to beat the coolness of BCA grads, even I am less cool since becoming a Buckeye.

I am happy to report that I have lost all 40 pounds that Ireland put on my body. I am back into my skinny jeans and victim to no more fat jokes... except by Tim who lives about 2 blocks from me. I have been dating my boyfriend Alex for over a year now. Last christmas I took him to Ballyvaughan and we stayed at Logues and at Jess and Stef's places. It was sad to see the village so quiet, no music bumping from Number 2.

I have been in a couple shows, some at the Hopkins Gallery, and others around Columbus. The ViEW Project just came down, it was at the Urban Art Space. This July I have a show at the ROY G BIV Gallery and my MFA show will also be at the Urban Art Space in June. If you are ever in Columbus, stop by and have a PBR with me!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete