11.02.2010

Resident in B.V.


Add Video

Well, this is just a quick post from me- I seem to be the only one still at BCA, here in the pouring rains of November. I'm working on my PhD in studio art, hoping to graduate in October 2011. The working title for my thesis is 'Being in the Land: A Sculptural Investigation of Ecology,' and the main research question is 'How may sculpture communicate the experience of a reciprocal relationship with a natural environment?' I'm collaborating with Nature, building specially designed nest boxes for birds and beehives for honey bees.The sculpture created as a result of both my labor and the birds' and bees' labour.
Outside of school, recently... I have work in a show in Italy called Ecosynthesis and I've been invited to show at Darina Allen's Ballymaloe Cookery School down in Co. Cork. I'll be installing a 6 foot nest made from culled hazel shrub next week and am hoping for a lovely meal...
Other than that, I thought I would pass along this link from VAI in case any of you hadn't seen it...
http://visualartists.ie/publications/visual-artists-ireland-student-pack/
It's info on making a transition from student life to professional practice. Although, all here are alum, there still might be some helpful information.

For now, I will leave you with this...





No comments:

Post a Comment